1. Saints - not to knock on any other undefeated teams, but the Saints can win with Drew Brees throwing 300+ yards or not even 200 yards. The defense is stepping up and with the ability to win close games without Drew Brees racking up a lot of yardage is a sign this team has elevated itself from years past.
2. Colts - Peyton Manning is looking good and their ability to win with little time possession (as in the Dolphins game) is the reason why this is the best team in the AFC and not far behind the Saints.
3. Vikings - Adrian Peterson is still the best back in the league. They have a great defense, and Brett Favre is limited but still gets the big win at the end of games. If they keep Favre on a leash, this team is going to go very far.
4. Giants - Eli Manning is looking good with all these new recievers around him, and Steve Smith is becoming the new Steve Smith in the NFC WRs corps that everyone is talking about. The defense is still good.
5. Broncos - although I am still not impressed, they are a 4-0 team and they deserve to be a top team. Kyle Orton is doing a good job controlling games and letting the defense do its job. Brandon Marshall is showing maturity.
6. Jets - well Mark Sanchez finally got his NFL welcoming party from the Saints. However Rex Ryan is doing a great job with the defense. Still a good team right now but will be hard for them to win the division with a rookie QB. As of now I have them ahead of the other AFC East team only because of their defense.
7. Patriots - some say the sleepers in the AFC that down the stretch will be back to their old form. I think the offense is not as strong as everyone thought and a lot of problems on the defensive side of the ball. They probably will win the division, mainly because of a rookie meltdown by Sanchez.
8. Ravens - offense is looking good. Defense came up big in some games. The WRs have to be a concern. Also it looks like the AFC north might be the best division in the AFC, so this will be a nice race.
11. Steelers - The champions at 2-2 were struggling for a bit. They might have found a real running back in Rashard Mendenhall, but will they play him over Willie Parker? Ben Roethlisberger is looking very good, but the defense in the 4th quarter is a very huge concern. Troy Polamalu could not get back any sooner, once he does things will only get better.
12. Bengals - I know, they beat the Steelers so why are they behind them. Although Carson Palmer is doing good and so is Cedric Benson, I just don't put as much stock in this team as I do with the Ravens and Steelers. Big game against the Ravens this week, but they just aren't up there with them yet, especially when you compare defenses. A home victory against a division rival is big, but it is just one win, at home nonetheless. Remember, the last time the Bengals won the division, (and only time for what 17 years?) they lost in the first round of the playoffs...meaning this team doesn't have much experience in being playoff contenders.
13. Eagles - Donovan McNabb will come back even better, especially since Kevin Kolb gave a good performance and Michael Vick is sitting there. They, like always, will be there in the end of the season fighting for the division crown.
14. Falcons - This team surprised me. I thought they would come out with a much stronger showing. So far, it has not been impressive. Matt Ryan is still a talented QB and this team will be a wildcard team because they won't be able to take over the top from the Saints.
15. Chargers - defense wins championships? If that is true than the Chargers have no chance. Shawn Merriman being injured is of course not helping. Philip Rivers did not look good the past week and with Tomlinson injured, this team has to rebound to catch up to the Broncos.
20. Texans - such high hope for this team, and now look at them. They still might end up at 8-8 but doubt it.
22. Cardinals - like I said, losing their offensive coordinator and having one more year added on to Kurt Warner was an equation for not a good year. They will not make the playoffs this year. In fact I say declare the NFC West division winner the 49ers. ( by the way NFC west is the worst division in football, was last year, is this year, and probably will be next year.)
23. Dolphins - any hope of winning the division has got to be gone now. Chad Pennington injured and Chad Henne starting is just not good. Here's an idea, try throwing the ball out of the wildcat! Yes the wildcat is a stupid gimmick but if the team insist on using it, switch it up, and try more passes from it!
25. Titans - 13-3 to 0-4.They won't win this week against the Colts. Kerry Collins is done and Vince Young is not the answer, so what are they going to do at QB. Also, this defense went from a top 3 to dismal.
26. Seahawks - I don't pay attention to them, all I can remember them from this season were those hideous green uniforms a couple of weeks ago...
27. Lions - well they won a game...woohoo. However, like I said waste all that money on a QB for a first draft pick, give him no offensive line and no defense and what will happen? Well now he is injured. Yeah getting yourself beat up everyday is a great learning experience. However, they aren't the worst team anymore!
28. Buccaneers - I wish Bryon Leftwich got more of a chance, but oh well.
29. Chiefs - so Matt Cassell isn't the answer. Such a shame this team because they really do have one of the best most loyal fan bases in football. I always hope for this team, and while here's hoping to next year.
30. Rams - this team will have the #1draft choice next year.
31. Browns - even though this team is the worst team in the NFL, they will somehow surprise some team, get a win or two and just beat out the Rams as the 2nd worst team in the NFL, record wise that is.
32. Raiders - I always put the Raiders on the bottom of the list and here is why...Al Davis. As long as he is alive this team is going nowhere and they will always be bottom of the list. WOW JaMarcus Russell is just awful and Darrius Heyward-Bey as the first round draft choice. HAHAHA! And people wondered why Richard Seymour tried to stay out of Oakland.